Skills for Career and Interpersonal Success
- Understand that Communication is a constant. Communication is always in play and is almost always the most important aspect of any interaction. So whether dealing with victims, suspects, criminals, sociopathic predators, or fellow officers, law enforcement personnel must have the ability to communicate effectively in order to succeed in the profession.
- Don’t give ‘em ammo (limit citizen complaints). By understanding the basic Truths of the Human Animal and utilizing the Principles of Interaction students will learn to immediately improve their communication deliveries and styles.
Designed to be dynamic, practical and fun, the course topics will include but not be limited to:
- Truths about the Human Animal
- The Principles of Interaction
- Paradigms and Perspectives
- The “IDIOT” factor (emotional aspect of the human spirit)
- The 93% (Body language and Paralinguistic Behavior)
- Proxemics (How humans use space to communicate)
- “Active Listening” and the Magic of Questions
- Pre-Attack Indicators and Detecting Deception