Despite exhortations to institute a higher police use of force standard than Graham v. Connor –including from within our own profession—the law of the land remains that 1989 landmark case. Thank God. But the contest over the objective reasonableness standard continues to grow. And we in this noble profession had better pay attention. Moreover, we must do all we can to defend the case law that has guided our actions for some 30 years. The U.... Full Article »
Posts by Peter Ebel:
We in law enforcement wear our scars proudly. The ones on the exterior are reminders that this is the most noble profession known to man. We put ourselves in harm’s way for other people’s lives and property. And they make for some pretty good war stories. The internal scars do not always serve the same purpose. They are reminders of moments about which we might not be proud, of horrific things we have seen, when we have witnessed what has b... Full Article »
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join the 100,000+ law enforcement professionals who receive the weekly Calibre newsletter filled with analysis of force encounters caught on video, training articles, product reviews, expert commentary and more.
Click here to sign up.
- Now’s Your Chance: Reflections on Father’s Day June 17, 2021
- VIDEO: It All Happened So Fast! 2 Cops & a Suspect Shot in the Blink of an Eye June 14, 2021
- Vehicle Anti-Ambush Specifics June 3, 2021
- 10 Ways You Can Help Your K9 Unit June 2, 2021
- To all the men & women in the military, past and present… May 28, 2021